Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lisa Tries... Egg White, Spinach, and Ricotta Frittata

Recipe: Egg White, Spinach, and Ricotta Frittata
Cookbook: Real Food, Real Easy by George Stella

I don't like eggs but decided to give them a try to see if my palate has changed since I was a little kid.  It has not.  This wasn't bad but I just didn't care for the texture.

What you need:
2cups fresh spinach leaves
8 large eggs whites
2 tspns minced garlic
1/4tspn salt
1/8 tspn black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp parm cheese, grated

(My egg white separator -- thanks to my friend, Lisa!)

What to do:
Saute spinach in a skillet with a bit of water for a few mins until leaves wilt.  Remove and pat excess water.  Then mix eggs whites, ricotta cheese, garlic, salt, pepper in a large bowl and whisk til frothy.  Pour mixture into skilled and cook til sides pull up.   Top with cheese and then put oven safe skillet in oven on broil for a few mins.  I topped with tomatoes and cilantro for more flavor too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment