Monday, January 12, 2009

Lisa Tries... Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie

Recipe: variation of Ellie Krieger's from The Food You Crave but with my own input and one added ingredient.



1/2c nonfat skim milk
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of nonfat plain yogurt (any flavor will do)
1 banana, sliced, frozen
1 tspn of wheat germ
1 tbsp of low fat peanut butter

Pulse to mix. Pour. Drink.



I love ice cream. I specifically LOVE peanut butter cup and chocolate ice cream. But I know I can't have too much so this smoothie fills that desire. The way I made it, it came out thick and yummy. Would be great as a breakfast smoothie or dessert or well, anytime!

Another plus? I finally have something to do with all those bananas I buy and never eat before they get funky.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! Does it have a yogurt funky taste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not at all. It's pretty thick and tastes like peanut butter and bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa.
    I am so making one of those! I am currently addicted to peanut butter and jam on toast (although I always do wholemeal!).

    If you find any other 'keepers' (it's what hubby and I used to call recipes we tried and liked) please share - especially with Blogger Dad, he so needs help.

    Oh and by the way, I did laugh at your attempt at that turkey thing - that would have been me too heating up a pizza! Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will do. Let me know what you think! If you come across any keepers, please pass on too!

    ReplyDelete