Friday, May 28, 2010

Lisa Tries... Tomato, Basil & Cheese Sandwich

Shortly after I walked into the grocery store this evening, I heard an announcement for fresh baguettes at the bakery.  I instantly thought of making this sandwich.  I've seen variations online somewhere but this one I semi-made up turned out really good!

What you need:
1 Red vine tomato
Few thin slices of fresh mozzerella
Fresh basil
Italian blend spices
EVOO
Red wine vinegar
Pepper
Fresh baguette


(basil from my container garden)

What to do:
Cut a piece of the baguette off and cut in half.  Then put a little bit of EVOO on the inside and toast on pan.  Meanwhile slice thin slices of fresh mozzerella, pick a few leaves of basil, slice up the tomato (I used up half of a small tomato).  When bread is toasted to your liking, layer with mozzerella, basil, tomato and baste with a bit of evoo and red wine vinegar.  Shake a bit of the pepper and italian blend spices on top. 


Enjoy!!  This is so light, so tasty.  The warm fresh bread mixed with the bursting cool goodness of the tomato and mix of basil, red wine vinegar, and italian blend is just soooo yummy!!

3 comments: